Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Matryoshka Doll Finished!! Finally!

I am embarrassed at how long it took me to complete this project!  The truth is, I made it much harder than it really had to be.  I thought I would color match and completely restore them to exactly how they originally looked.  Unfortunately, I don't think I even have the same kind of paint they used and matching aged color is next to impossible with acrylics (at least for me!). 

Anyway, when I finally decided that they weren't going to look exactly like they used to and what my friend really wanted was just to be able to let her kids play with them again, I got off my lazy high horse and finished them.

Before ^^^^
After ^^^^