Sunday, June 6, 2010

Restoration Project!!!! Matryoshka Dolls!!!!

I am very excited about this new project!  A friend of mine asked me to restore her husband's matryoshka dolls.  They belonged to his grandparents and he has fond memories of playing with them as a child.  I was a bit apprehensive when she first asked me.  I collect matryoshkas and all the ones I have are painted in what looks like water color washes that would be very difficult to repair.  But the ones her husband has are different.  They are painted in mostly solid, primary colors!


I think I am really going to enjoy this project!  I love mixing colors and matching shades.  I hope to make these little dolls look happy again so their little girls can enjoy playing with them like their father remembers doing when he was a child.



No comments:

Post a Comment